Monday, March 8, 2010

Talk Soup

Charlie Manuel, on Jayson Werth’s new look:
“He looks like a guy that didn’t do a whole lot this winter, kinda isolated himself…and didn’t have a razor or a barber around.”


Ryan Howard, on the Phillies
“With the nucleus of this team, you want to constantly go out there and bang, if you will.”


Timbaland, on the Queen of Pop:
“People do not respect music anymore. They go by what’s hot…and if you’re hot, [they think] you deserve 4 or 5 Grammys. Madonna is a genius and she only has 2 or 3 Grammys. What is that about?”


The Dalai Lama, on Tiger Woods’ claims of Buddhism:
“I think mainly whether you call it Buddhism or another religion, self-discipline, that’s important. Self-discipline with awareness of consequence.”


Allen Iverson, twittering about his sick daughter:
“I needed to be there to hold my little girl’s hand and encourage her…I wanted her to wake up every morning and see her Daddy’s face.”


Andre Iguodala, twittering after Ivey was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks:
“Shout out to my man [Royal Ivey], one of the best t’mates I ever had.”


Evan Lysacek, US Olympic figure skating gold medalist:
“The Olympics are so powerful. I’m at the airport lounge watching with a group of strangers…just brought us all together.Thetogether. The power to unite!”


Bitter Russian skater Evengi Plushenko, after finishing second to Evan Lysacek:
“If the Olympic champion doesn’t know how to jump a quad, I don’t know. Now it’s not men’s figure skating, now it’s dancing.”


San Diego Chargers president Dean Spanos, on the release of LaDainian Tomlinson:
“I told him that in the 26 years that I’ve been in this business, it was probably the hardest thing I’ve had to do. I’m not close to a lot of players [except for] a handful, and he’s probably the closest.”


Eagles coach Andy Reid, after the release of Brian Westbrook:
“He, to me, is a Philadelphia Eagle. My heart will always be a Brian Westbrook Fan.”


Shaun White, on winning the gold after just his first run:
“I was contemplating just riding straight through the middle or doing that last run,run and I chose the other. I had that victory run.”


Johnny Weir, addressing homophobic comments made about him by Canadian broadcasters:
“I felt very defiant when I saw these comments. I felt that it wasn’t these two men criticizing my skating; it wasn’t them criticizing my anything. It was them criticizing me as a person.”


Beyonce, on the discontinuation of her alter-ego:
“Sasha Fierce is dead. I killed her.”


Phillies head Coach Charlie Manuel, on Chase Utley’s first MLB hit being a grand slam:
“That’s the way you play the game unless you want to put some rouge and makeup and lipstick on.”


Lady Gaga, on what she said to a former boyfriend who didn’t believe she’d ever make it:
“I said to him, ‘Someday, when we’re not together, you won’t be able to order a cup of coffee at the…deli without hearing or seeing me.’”


LeBron James, after announcing that he’s changing his number because of Jordan’s legacy:
“There would be no LeBron James, no Kobe Bryant, no Dywane Wade if there wasn’t Michael Jordan first.”

-Liz Trubey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009Talk'n'Ticker | by TNB