Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Talk Soup

Head of CBS News and Sports Sean McManus, on Tiger Woods’ return to golf:

“His first tournament, wherever it is, will be the biggest media event other than the Obama inauguration in the past 10-15 years."

Howard Stern and sidekick Robin Quivers, on Best Actress Gaborey Sidibe’s weight:
“It’s just ludicrous because everyone’s pretending she’s a part of show business. What movie is she gonna be in? Blind Side 2, she could be the football player. She can take out the whole front line.”

ESPN Senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen, on Ben Roethlisberger possibly being charged with assaulting a college student:
“I do believe that being charged could be the difference between being suspended or simply being forced to undergo some clinical evaluation to see if he needs mandatory counseling for any problems he has.”

John Edwards’ mistress, Rielle Hunter, on her affair and Edwards’ marriage:
“The home was wrecked already. I was not the Home Wrecker.”

Paul Reubens, on the revival of his character, Pee Wee Herman:
“What I’m trying to prove is I still have it, I’m still around - I still AM Pee Wee Herman and Pee Wee Herman is still funny.”

Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard, on rookie Domonic Brown:
“He’s kinda like the total package; he’s just athletic, he’s young, he’s willing to learn and right now he’s having a pretty good spring training.”

President Barack Obama, predicting the Final Four of the 2010 NCAA Championship Tournament:
“I have been completely brainwashed, and I take Nova...That’s my final four, and the reason here is, I just think Nova’s guards are too quick.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, on Ben Roethlisberger’s recent provocative behavior:
“We are concerned that Ben continues to put himself in this position...and at the appropriate time, I’ll be meeting with Ben.”

Tiger Woods to ESPN’s Tom Rinaldi, on the reception he expects from fans upon his return to golf:
“I don’t know. I’m a little nervous about that to be honest with you. It would be nice to hear a couple claps here and there.”

Gilbert Arenas, on him and Javaris Crittenton pulling guns on each other in the locker room:
“We didn’t have no problem. It was just some fun that got out of control.

Flyers defensemen Chris Pronger, on how the Flyers need to take every game seriously as they approach the playoffs:
“Looking at the schedule and seeing who we’re playing, there are too many teams that have guys who can put the puck in the net...It has to change; we’re running out of time.”

-Liz Trubey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009Talk'n'Ticker | by TNB